Friday, July 22, 2016

Thoughts for the week #9 - Stitch Fix #3

I've got some money burning a hole in my pocket because I don't have free time for a new tattoo :(.

So new clothes it is! Just in time for a new job.

I got my stylist fee waived from this order, so if I hadn't bought anything, I could've sent it all back with no charge (usually $20). If you want to try Stitch Fix, click here to read my last review and here to use my referral link to sign up!

This was a mixed bag. I'll start with the two items I kept for the discount, but sold on a Facebook group (so I got the 25% discount for keeping everything).

Clement Scoop Neck Blouse



Eh. It felt too loose to me, especially around the armpits. The color is not good either. I learned today that summer tones are best for me. That means pink, red, and orange have to have a blue base in order to look okay with my skin tone. Yellow can only be pale, but I don't like wearing yellow anyway. Even with how small these flowers are, I just didn't feel like it worked. Status: sold to someone who wanted it.

Malaika Henley Blouse




Eh, again. The second photo of the skirt shows the only way that I felt like I could wear this. And I don't wear high-waisted skirts very often. The colors were okay, but I felt like it emphasized my shoulders in a bad way and was just too flowy for me. Status: sold to someone who wanted it.

On to the good stuff!

Nancie Pointelle Detail Open Cardigan



A good color on me and very soft! This was a no brainer. Status: kept.

Phillip Printed Straight Leg Trouser




Whoa. Okay. My first thought was "Grandpa". And then "Grandpa whose pants shrank." I'm not a fan of cropped pantlegs. It especially sucks that I can only wear one particular pair of sneakers right now so I look extra dorky in these. Buuuttttt the color is good for me and it's something different. I'll risk it. Status: kept.

Dorianna Skinny Jean



My favorite item from the box! Cropped pants again, bummer, but the color works for me, I think. Plus they're really soft, look great on my bum, and are insanely comfortable. I'm not sure I could make these work appropriate because they're technically jeans (business casual with the right blouse?), but I'll definitely wear them outside of work. Status: kept.

Overall the total price for the order with the discount was $279, which is more than I usually pay. That averages to $55/item. I hope they hold up well!

No comments:

Post a Comment