Sunday, March 03, 2013

A breathe of Maine air

Hulky and I made a quick trip up to Maine this weekend.

My favorite person.

SONY DSC

It was restorative for both of us, I think.

Picture, what picture?

Simple breakfast table

It’s been a long time since I’ve been up there with fresh snow. Fortunately, it was not enough to stop any excursions into town, out to lunch, or heading home today.

More photos here.

IMAG0653

We also got to check out a potential reception venue for our wedding. That was kind of a big step! The space was in a former church and basically pretty cool. I loved the light coming in the big windows, even at this time of year. I can imagine it being really comfortable and lovely in the early-Summer. We’re a little concerned about doing so much ourselves, however, in terms of renting sound systems, getting tableware, and ensuring that there is enough seating for the number of people we’re estimating. A final guest list will need to be worked out within the next couple of months, I think, which is kind of crazy to me since we’re 15-16 months away from the actual wedding!

IMAG0651

I’m looking forward to taking another trip up there in warmer weather. The best part about the wedding being so far away is that we can see what the weather will be like at that time of year a year in advance. It will be helpful in identifying landmarks for directions, since my grandmother’s house is down a hidden driveway on a stretch of road that looks much like the photo to the left. Most of the road looks like that, in fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment