Friday, January 04, 2013

Links & a plug for a free erotic serial!

  • 10 Ways to Deal with Uncertain Future-Anxiety – I could’ve used this advice at any point over the past, oh, I don’t know 8-10 years! Recently, I’ve been so content with my life’s progression that I don’t really worry about the extended future so much. I’m very happy with how things are right now and am able to trust in what I have around me to carry me through to the next great thing. This article has some great tips on how to deal with the anxiety over what may come.

thebossbloggraphic Okay, hopefully I can figure out how to get this on the sidebar of my blog or something, but ask me about The Boss! The Boss is (or is going to be) a free erotic serial found here. It can be categorized much like 50 Shades of Grey, BUT it’s not full of inaccurate examples of BDSM AND it doesn’t glorify an abusive relationship! I’ve thoroughly enjoyed Jen’s “in-depth sporknalysis” of the 50 Shades trilogy. I haven’t actually read the trilogy because a) it’s based off the Twilight books and I’ve read those and they were awful (and glorified abusive and unhealthy relationships AND glamorized them in a Young Adult novel to IMPRESSIONABLE YOUNG READERS which is NOT OKAY), b) I didn’t think I would be interested in a book about a BDSM relationship (just not my bag, yo), c) I don’t often read erotica or “romance novels” of any kind (only sometimes my bag, yo), and d) I’d heard some really terrible things about the quality of writing. Did these books have editors? I mean, the main character is/was an English major. It’s just awful.

Anyway, The Boss is going to be amazing. It’s going to be written well, be edited, accurately portray a HEALTHY BDSM relationship, and a healthy romantic relationship. How great is that! To be perfectly honest, I haven’t read anything that this author has published! I do love her blog though, and I hope you guys will at least check that out, if not the FREE serial. It’s being released on January 15th. I’ll be doing a review or something about it before then.

Even if you’re not into BDSM, I imagine this will be well worth the look. Hell, I’m not, but I’m gonna read it. Give yourself some perspective! Hell, maybe you're not even into erotica. Maybe you know someone who is (or maybe you just don't know it yet).

I hope I sold someone into checking it out. I mean, it’s free. What do you have to lose? Just don’t get caught reading it at work. That would probably be awkward…though I guess that depends on where you are employed.

No comments:

Post a Comment