Thursday, January 17, 2013

Just a moment.

The morning light was very familiar on my drive to work today. It took me a moment, but I realized I was being reminded of events from 8 years ago. At that time, I was beginning to make depression a part of my personality. On “sick days”, when I was really just exhausted and sick of life, I would take walks in the neighborhood. It was this time of year that I took quite a few days off from school, and I would take my camera up to the park by my old elementary school. I took pictures of the low sunlight, sunsets, myself, and the snow.

Today, in the work parking lot

Something about the light this morning just struck me as beautiful. Everything seemed highlighted in the most flattering way. I smiled at everything on my way to work. I’ve found that kind of light terribly difficult to capture in images, and it’s still my hope to do so, someday.

2 comments:

  1. So jealous, we haven't seen the sun in a week here in southeast PA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it snowed yesterday, if that helps :D. I hope you get some sun soon!

      Delete