Thursday, November 01, 2012

Halloween 2012: What I wore.

Wearing footed pajamas (with skulls wearing pink bows) yesterday evening was one of the best ideas ever. No, really. Ever. I dressed up a bit for work (missed the costume photo because I was on a call), but by the time I got home, I just wanted to veg and relax. My boyfriend’s Christmas present last year as footed pajamas (with ninja monkeys!), so we totally had a couple costume thing going on. No.

Really.

Don’t deny me my laziness.

Not seen: t-strap heels

What can I say? I like my brows arched and hair messy.
We got very few trick-or-treaters, but my favorites were the pre-teen and young teenaged girls, because they complimented me on my ensemble (hair, nostril piercing, and pajamas). Little did they know, two out of 3 of those things are everyday wear for me, and the PJ’s are worn at least 3 nights out of the week. Or mornings. It’s cold in my apartment and I don’t like getting dressed immediately. Don’t judge, you’d do it too.

It’s probably egotistical and a bit odd to say, but I see myself as a kind of beacon of hope for young girls. “You too can grow up and be weird, someday. Just like me.” As a kid, and even into my teens, I was terrified of any older kids or young adults! I have no idea why! I was afraid they would make fun of me, I think. I hope that kids are not afraid of me, and I think that is the case, since they often ask about my hair or piercings. It makes me feel like I can be a bit of a bridge for those kids, so they might feel a bit more hopeful about their potentially weird and amazing futures. I like to think that I can be that adult that kids won’t be afraid of. It really makes me wish I’d gone into teaching (though I’m sure my hair and piercings would not have been acceptable) and is a great motivator to write more stories for young adults. Getting started is the hardest part.

No comments:

Post a Comment