Sunday, October 07, 2012

Visiting Witch City

As I often do, I was thinking about what I'd like this blog to be again recently and I realized I don't really talk about my life in general that much anymore. Maybe that is interesting to some people? Maybe it would be good for my brain to write this kind of stuff out more. I don't know. Well, here it is.

I've been massively depressed lately. I like the sound of that: massively. Anyway, it sucks, I'm barely managing most days, and the anxiety is awful. But I'm alive, I'm going to work (...mostly), and I'm getting up every morning, so that's good. My gut has been rebelling against me for a couple of months now, I think. It's hard to keep track anymore. The details are icky so I'll spare you all, but I'm basically at the point of "I've tried everything!!!" and I've even been to the doctor.

Yeah. Me. I know.

Today, I went to Salem with a friend I met online many years ago. It's a lot less sketchy than it sounds, and besides, we've met in person a few times over the years. She's a cool gal and brought me some artwork. It's very colorful and I am envisioning it in the kitchen.

Ah, yes, and her friend came too. He was nice, and wore cool rings. I kind of wish we'd all had more time to sit down and chat, like over dinner or something, but I had a good time poking around in the shops and giggling over strange labels and spell baggies and such. Visiting places like Salem, chock full of "magick" shops, pendulums and pentacles, herbs, candles, incense, and general mysticism really revives some of my deep, dark, and most secret desires. One is punk or gothic fashion (hence the gloves I bought), the other is my interest in the aesthetic qualities of a New Age lifestyle. I am a sucker for colored glass baubles. I'm also a sucker for stores full of books of magic and Witchcraft. Seriously. The 16-year-old in me wants to spend hundreds of dollars on books I will read once and get nothing out of (except maybe a renewed interest in discovering my spirituality), but both she and I know that that money is needed to have a tolerable Winter.

I got some smartphone friendly gloves, a shot glass, and some small candles. I'm out of matches (but good thing I have a gas stove?).

Sexay fingahs

Cool street art


Really awesome thrift store - Witch City Consignment & Thrift

The Witch House

Awesome Doctor Who stuff at the comic book shop (I really wanted the TARDIS cookie jar).

Salem cemetery at night

2 comments:

  1. Hey Tasha, for your gut... I had a similar situation last fortnight or so. I forgot all about taking half a lemon squeezed in a glass with 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda, stir in water to top and sip the whole sucker down.
    I'm a primal girl and I always forget how well this works out the crazy-gut I get once in a while.
    Another awesome add-in is half a teaspoon of diatomaceous earth. (Knock off any gross live-stock (shall we say) who've grabbed a foothold in there.)
    Anyhoo, magic is so cool. Good magic. Just linked here from MDA.
    Try the baking soda and lemon if you want. Can't hurt.
    Have a great week. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would that help with constipation, or just indigestion? Because the former is my problem =\ Large quantities of Vitamin C will get me going again, but it's the only thing that works. I'm definitely intrigued by the diatomaceous earth thing. The only thing I know about it is that it's used in pool filters!

      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete