Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Link & project idea

  • The Dainty Squid – Holy adorable blog, Batman! I am not even sure how I found this. I think I saw a picture of her hair on tumblr. She even has a nice write-up on how to properly dye and care for unnaturally shaded hair. Kinda makes me think about trying to fix mine, since it’s multiple shades of pink, and the most vivid spots are on under-layers and totally unseen. Boo. She also reminded me of my love for strange cameras. I wonder if I should just start collecting them, when I encounter them at thrift stores and such. I’ve never had a collection before.

I still can’t make up my mind about having pink or purple hair for my friend’s wedding next week! Sneak peak of the dress, and to be clear, it is a dark purple. Thoughts? Purple feels more appropriate for the coming cold months, but I still haven’t achieved the shade of pink I’ve been aiming for.

History in journals

After talking about my varied moods in therapy last Friday, I was feeling really optimistic, despite all the negativity I’ve been afflicted with recently. I have a huge number of handwritten journals, dating back through middle school, and several online journals, dating back to my freshman year in high school. I started re-reading some of the online journals, which I don’t think I’ve ever done. It’s really interesting seeing the correlations between my irrational moods then and now. I’m not sure what I’d get out of it, but I think I’d like to collect all my journals and start going through them chronologically. Part of me wants to find some key to my depression, maybe pinpoint when/how things changed for me in my thought process. I don’t think I’ll find an answer, but it might be enlightening to refresh my faded memories of that time in my life. I don’t remember much from ages 13-18.

If I do go through with this project, I think I’d start a second blog to document the process. I’d probably catalogue my investigations by various date ranges and maybe come up with some evaluation questions to go through every semester/season, or year.

No comments:

Post a Comment