Thursday, September 13, 2012

Life operates in lists

Sometimes I feel that there is too much going on in my head, and it’s easier for me to get about my day if I write down some of the things I’m thinking about, so I can stop thinking about them! Run-on sentence, FTW (for the win).

  • I’ve loved moccasins for a long time. I want to make some! It looks simple enough, and there are so many different styles/methods that you can do. I think I will try making some slippers out of scrap fabric soon and see how it goes. I can use those as a template if I ever get some leather/suede to make real moccasins. They would be awesome to keep at work, so I can have some good quality minimalist shoes.
  • I also really want to buy mukluks someday.
  • I have an idea for Mark’s Daily Apple’s video recipe contest, but it requires constructing my own helmet camera! I am not sure if my brother or mom would be willing to lend me their camera for such an experiment, or if I’d get around to putting the video together. I'd rather edit it in iMovie, which means borrowing my mom’s computer, too, and I am very slow at video editing.
  • I intend to make two batches of yogurt this week (one for splitting between parents and godfather, the other for me), and will use two different types of milk (local organic, and the cream top stuff). I’m curious to see if they taste different, side by side.
  • If I don't bike tonight, I think I will put a streak of Fishbowl blue in my hair somewhere (I think I still have some), just to see what happens to it when put over pink. I am probably wearing purple to my friend’s wedding next month, so purple hair would probably look weird, but I am thinking that the season for pink has just about passed by now. My hair is getting close to my first goal length, which was jaw-length. I should be there by the end of the year, if I don’t get the front trimmed at all. By Spring, it should be chin-length. I’m not sure what I want to do with it after that!

120913-092747

No comments:

Post a Comment