Monday, September 10, 2012

Hallowe’en prep

I guess I’ll keep our costume plans under wraps, but I’ll still mention what we need:

  • Boyfriend needs a tan trench coat and a blue suit. I’m hoping that I can find time to go thrifting and find some that fit decently or can be altered without too much difficulty. There is some easy embellishment I can do to the costume to make it more clear who his character is.
  • If this is going to be a couple costume, there are some simple pieces I need to get, that can also be thrifted (and probably found more easily). The problem is the hair: it’s supposed to be long and dark red. I don’t want to dye it, and I’m not really keen on spending a lot of money on a long red wig either.

They’re not really scary costumes, not unless you know more about what they’re from, but they should be easy enough.

Two Hallowe’ens ago, we were Doctor Horrible and Captain Hammer:

Punching evil in the face

Last year, we didn’t really plan costumes together, but I looked pretty cool as a Superman-villain-whose-name-I-can-never-remember:

Originated from Superman - The Animated Series

In other news, the party supply store just down the street from my work probably has more Hallowe’en stuff out now and I am definitely going to poke around during my lunch break today.

I am also highly anticipating the arrival of some very cool mugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment