Monday, March 26, 2012

Link action!

  • Are thin women the enemy? – Some interesting points are brought up in this piece. I like the idea of limiting how many absurdly thin women can be portrayed in the media, but I think something to broaden the scopes of the portrayal of women would be a better idea. What if they had to fulfill certain quotas for certain body types in various publications? Of course that may lead to discrimination and deserving models missing out because their BMI or measurement category has been fulfilled. I just think there’s a better way than leaving people out.
  • Johnny Depp as Tonto – Sigh. I like Johnny Depp, I guess. I think he’s much too Burton-ized and his fan base, like so many others, can be a bit frightening, but he has had some impressive roles. Unfortunately, not for a while. I don’t think any modern adaptation of The Lone Ranger is going to do well, frankly. I’m a fan of Wild West stories, having grown up watching old TV shows portraying that time period and a lot of silverscreen films, though.
  • 10 Stubborn Exercise Myths That Just Won’t Die – Screw you and your long workouts and 5-6 days of 2-3 hr gym sessions. I spend at most 20 minutes working out every week and I’ve gained some nice definition in my shoulders & chest over the past few weeks with just a 15lb kettlebell. Paleo rules.
  • Hunger Games sets US box office record – Cool! I saw it last Friday and really enjoyed it! I haven’t read any of the books and I’m actually not sure I want to. I don’t want to spoil the movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment