Monday, February 13, 2012

Sense of me.

How I’m doing:

  • My doctor recommended I take a supplement that includes a number of ingredients I was interested in taking separately anyway. Hooray for natural medicine!
  • I have been getting a lot of migraines lately. It seems like they occur sometimes when my congestion is worse. It sucks and I want to go home and sleep.
  • I am still thinking about doing some kind of “professional” blog, but I still don’t know what I’d write about, how I’d network it, and if it would totally bomb if I didn’t update it regularly.
  • I just paid off nearly half of my smallest, but highest interest-rate loan with my tax refund. Woot! At this rate…Well maybe I can manage an 8-year pay off instead of 10.
  • Where is my Winter? I am really missing not having huge blizzards and regular amounts of snow on the ground. Yes, I’m dead-serious. I enjoy a good blizzard or two per Winter, and so far there’s been none. Spring is officially about a month & 1 week away and while it’s always highly likely we’ll have some late snow, I want it now! (I also would not object to a snow day that keeps me working at home.)

And now, something that’s on my mind. Self-confidence. The boyfriend challenged me to think of 10 things about myself that I’m proud of and it was surprisingly diffcult. I knew immediately that it would be hard for me to do because I am generally self-deprecating and have grown up with a sense that it’s not okay to talk about yourself with confidence. It’s not that anyone told me to be down on myself, but no one told me to be proud either. I think that would’ve helped.

What’re ten things about yourself that you’re proud of? In no particular order, here are ten things about myself that I am proud of (I think they’re different from the ones I thought of last night).

  1. I have pretty eyes.
  2. I am tech-savvy.
  3. I am intelligent.
  4. I have a nice body that I’m always working to improve.
  5. I am a good friend.
  6. I am a hard worker.
  7. I am responsible.
  8. I am dedicated.
  9. I am a good planner.
  10. I am eager to learn.

1 comment:

  1. That is an excellent list! And I hear you about it being a challenge to come up with them.

    Not to brag or anything- but we've had pretty regular snow out here in the past couple of weeks :) Now to move out of the temporate bubble that is Colorado Springs so I can see it stick around for more than a day . . .

    ReplyDelete