Friday, January 06, 2012

Mirror, mirror, on the wall…

Srsly. Vain.Yes, I’m petty, vain, and whining about my hair.

van·i·ty

1. excessive pride in one's appearance, qualities, abilities,achievements, etc.; character or quality of being vain; conceit: Failure to be elected was a great blow to his vanity.

 

vain

1. excessively proud of or concerned about one's own appearance, qualities, achievements, etc.; conceited: a vain dandy.

helloooooI consider myself somewhat of a master when it comes to having short hair. Since around the 7th grade, my hair has rarely ventured past my shoulders. I’ve experimented with a few hairstyles, but I always come back to the same bed-rumpled look. It’s so easy to manage and I’ve always thought that it suited me well, both in appearance and personality. What’s not to like?

This past year I endeavored to grow my hair out. Oh, what a pain it’s been. From dealing with the longer hairs clogging up the drain and getting all over my clothes (the excess shedding is a whole ‘nother story though), to just wearing it long because who really cares and gawd it’s still wet? and I think it looks like crap. What am I trying to accomplish with this? Well, I do have a vision of long blue hair that I’d love to sport, but who am I kidding? My hair is naturally pin straight. I have to wait for it to dry before I can brush it or else it sticks to my tiny head. I generally look scraggly and disheveled and I don’t like that for the semi-feminine appearance I’d like to keep.

And now...a pony-tail!

So what to do? Chop it off for the usual no-fuss ‘do that I love so well? Or do I suffer through and keep growing it out? I do like having long hair, sometimes, but with all the trouble I have keeping it tidy, it hardly seems worth the effort. The mental image I have of myself with long (blue) hair is quite lovely, but I’m not sure how realistic it is. Maybe I should just get my fringe fixed and go from there (but gawd can I even have bangs with my hair not drying properly?). Whatever I do, I will not stand for another shitty haircut, and that’s all I get when I ask for a damn trim!

No comments:

Post a Comment