Tuesday, April 20, 2010

When I die they're gonna bury me in Jersey

Yesterday I felt really good about this week. Today I feel pretty down in the dumps, so I'm looking for something else to think about.

Art is becoming a huge part of my life, at least for the next few weeks. My Drawing final basically needs to be done by April 29, we are working on an Icarus/Goddard theme in a stairwell of our library (named after Robert Goddard, father of modern rocketry). I need to draw some hands tomorrow, looking like a mushroom cloud or some kind of explosion. That's what I *want* to draw anyway. I don't like feeling pressure when it comes to art, it makes me draw worse, it makes me unhappy with my work. I have a lot of photos that need printing and still need to be taken, but not a lot of time for it. I should probably not go home this weekend, but I really do need the time off in order to survive finals, and I really do not want to miss out on time with Holcomb.

I have plans for a self-portrait that I think could be really good if I can meter it right. It would be best on large paper, but I don't know if I want to spend the money on it/investigate that right now because it's so close to the final. We present our portfolio of 10 spectacular images on the 3rd. I have maybe 5-6 chosen, some of those need to be reprinted. I can't remember, I can't keep track of that stuff in my head right now.

I'm tired of people cooking while I want to cook. I don't like fighting for space in the kitchen, and I usually have pretty limited/specific times to eat/cook.

I am really looking forward to being at home, sleeping in my room again. If only my mattress wasn't falling apart. I can hear the springs rubbing on each other when I put weight on it, it's pretty bad, and starting to get pretty lumpy. I've had it for 4-5 years, I think? 6 max. Really not long enough for it to be dying like this.

I haven't had time to plan how we're getting around NYC and when we're going where etc. I'm even worrying about that right now, and that's supposed to be something stress-free and fun.

Gotta find focus today.

No comments:

Post a Comment