First a meme. Some actual content at the bottom.
1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? - Drank at a bar for the purpose of drinking, got a beer on tap, went on a date, went on a fancy date, drove on the highway.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? - I don't recall making any last year. I have none for this year, just going to keep trying to improve myself.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? - No
4. Did anyone close to you die? - No
5. What countries did you visit? - None aside from the US, sadly.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? - Money, patience.
7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? - December 21st, I fell in love again. ^_^
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? - I had an incredibly smooth break-up from a two-and-a-half-years-long relationship. I got better at waiting before I say something I might regret, but that still needs improving.
9. What was your biggest failure? - Not stopping to think, not stepping away from situations to calm down and figure out what happened. I didn't do as much on my car or drive as much as I wanted.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? - Not really. At least one rather draining virus. Puked once, but that was alcohol induced =P
11. What was the best thing you bought? - Hm. I didn't make any major purchases that I can recall. I would say my mom buying me the combat boots was the best purchase made for me.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? - Duk was incredibly wise and patient for at least the second half of the year, when it came to me. It was greatly appreciated =)
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? - Sigh. Best not to get into this.
14. Where did most of your money go? - Rent. Not much into my car. Definitely not as much as it needs.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? - Going on the fancy date. Going to Maine. Seeing Dear and the Headlights. Hm I can't really think past this summer.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009? - Probably "La Pour Ca" by Nada Surf, or anything by Dear and the Headlights.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? - I would say happier...but I'm not sure. Probably weigh about the same, maybe a little more, definitely poorer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? - Waited.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? - Cried.
20. How did you spend Christmas? - With family, in Maine. In love.
21. Did you fall in love in 2009? - Indeed. Both were a bit unexpected and one went somewhat disastrously once I realized it. =\ The other seems to be turning out pretty well =D
22. What was your favorite TV program? Doctor Who.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? - I am not hating on anybody at current. Merely peeved.
24. What was the best book you read? - Hm. We'll go with "Alice in Wonderland".
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? - Oh geez. I didn't really discover anything, but... Dear and the Headlights.
26. What did you want and get? - New combat boots. New friends.
27. What did you want and not get? - Things to work out with somebody... Earlier I wanted Duk and I to work out, but we did, just not in the way I had originally desired. =)
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Oh geez. I honestly don't know, I didn't see that many new films.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? - I went out to dinner with friends and turned 21.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? - I honestly don't know, I am fairly content with the way things are. Okay, more money would be good. And a car to take myself places in =\
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? - Casual punk.
32. What kept you sane? - Duk, Holcomb, my family (oddly enough heh). Music.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? - David Tenant <3
34. What political issue stirred you the most? - I am always irritated/interested by abortion/reproductive rights debates.
35. Who did you miss? - The person that I'm not talking to right now =\
36. Who was the best new person you met? - Holcomb...though everybody I "met" this year I kind of already knew, just got to know better.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. - Sometimes space apart and time is the only thing that can salvage a relationship. Actually, most times.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. - And our eyes they all drown, our tongues get wrung out
There ain't nothing here for us to taste that ain't bitter already
New Years eve was spent with an excessive amount of nerves, then hunting down a bar in Faneuil Hall in Boston. We found the saddest bar in Boston, with an odd collection of young and old, completely ignoring each other, huddled around the bar centered in the middle of the place. One Guinness draft from the tap each and we split in search of a more lively locale. We finally found one and I experienced a very confused Screwdriver (cranberry juice and lime?) and a bartender who wasn't familiar with Irish Carbombs. We made our own, I can't chug, but it was good anyway. We hustled back and made it just in time for some complimentary champagne at the sad bar. I dislike champagne. I think most people do, it's just fancy looking so they suck it up. My Tequila Sunrise was very tequila-y, and not orange. All in all, I was drunk enough to stay warm, and I had fun. Having someone you love to kiss on New Years is a nice novelty that I hope to enjoy again. =)
Tomorrow: The New England Aquarium! I don't think I've been since middle school and I quite enjoyed it then. I am looking forward to the briny scent in the air and hopefully some cool schwag in the gift shop. Oh! Oh! Oh! And Doctor Who season finale at 8:30pm!!!
For now: cleaning my room, packing up some books to send out for $s, maybe watching some of the Doctor Who marathon and hopefully eating something warm and delicious.