Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Looking back on 2009...kind of.

Give or take a few, the books I read (for courses and leisure [though I didn't include all school-related ones]) in 2009:

1. Tales of Beetle the Bard by J.K. Rowling
2. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
3. Inkspell by Cornelia Funke
4. Inkdeath by Cornelia Funke
5. Dragon Wing by Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman
6. Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr
7. Trickster's Choice by Tamora Pierce
8. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
9. Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr
10. Trickster's Queen by Tamora Pierce
11. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
12. Son of the Shadows by Juliet Marillier
13. Child of the Prophecy by Juliet Marillier
14. Alice in Wonderland (that's both stories) by Lewis Carroll
15. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
16. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
17. The Alchemyst
18. The Sorceress
19. The Magician (all 3 by Michael Scott)
20. Howl's Moving Castle
21. Abarat by Garth Nix
22. Abarat: Days of Magic, Nights of War by Garth Nix
23. Sense & Sensibility by Jane Austen
24. Faeries of Dreamdark: Silksinger by Laini Taylor
25. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
26. Sandman by Neil Gaiman (the whole thing...approx 11 books)
27. Mansfield Park by Jane Austen
28. Moby Dick

29. Persuasion by Jane Austen

30. Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett

31. (this was read earlier in the year but I forgot to include it) Fragile Eternity by Melissa Marr


This is not nearly as many books as I'd hoped to read in the year.  I did not include most of the books I had to read for courses because a) I did not enjoy most of them and b) I often did not finish them.  The ones included I finished and/or enjoyed.


I already have a few books I know I want to read for next year and I need to raid my fella's science fiction collection for some more reads.  He got three of my favorite novels, I intend to borrow at least that many from him!


And now, a cleansing, hot shower, a deep sleep, and hopefully what will be a productive day with my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment