Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Faith in music

Sitting on the 5th floor of the library, next to a big window, on an ITS-managed computer, I am very distracted by The Dresden Dolls singing through my Skull Candy headphones about backstabbing, and the beautiful scenery beyond the little rocky roof next to the window. I am supposed to be finishing an annotated bibliography up here, and in fact, I need to be finding some books as well as finishing the annotation for two articles, but I am so content to sit here, full of hot chocolate and music, and just think about anything not class related.

It's gorgeous out today. The sky is a mix of distinct gray and white clouds downtown and on the other side of Worcester, with blue sky taking over from the south (this is a guess). The light is just perfect from this side of the library, and it was perfect trench coat weather this morning.

I love the pumpkins in October. There is pumpkin flavored EVERYTHING and I love it. Why can't October be longer? 31 days is not enough, give February one more and give October 32 days. February is not exciting anyway. October has PUMPKINS. Pumpkin flavored chai, latte, chai lattes, beer, cake, muffins, cupcakes, frosting, condoms (probably not)... I love it. I found the perfect pumpkin ale: Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale. My friend says it's too pumpkiny but I think it's perfect. Harvest Moon's wasn't pumpkiny enough, Post Road Pumpkin Ale was okay, but this is just heaven, it has the spices just right. I wish I'd taken some from home, i don't think my family will like them, but at least they'll be waiting for me whenever I get home in November.

This month has been good to me. I've been adventurous and met someone new/hung out with them for an entire afternoon, and they were cool and I'd like to do that again. I've pretty much kept up with my school work except for this week, and I'm balancing work/school-work okay, though it would still be easier without work-work. I'm healthy now too! Only thing is I'm neglecting a bunch of friends because I don't have quite enough time to venture out more to see them, and neither do they =\

I do miss the thirsty Thursdays of summer. Those were some very good times.

This is one of those lovely moments where I am sitting by myself and smiling like a fool with nobody to see, but I'm happy that way.

1 comment:

  1. PUMPKIN FLAVORED CONDOMS LAWL

    Nice contemplative entry.

    ReplyDelete