Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Okay. So. That movie that I saw? Yeah, that one. Don't read if you don't want spoilers on how dissatisfying the movie was. There were a lot of things left out, for starters. The movie was very awkwardly paced, and oh my goodness, so many moments that could be miscontrued as awkward homoeroticism that my neighbors (friends/hausmates Anders and Simon) had to point out and giggle about.

Ron (Rupert Grint) is sadly not cute and not very funny anymore. I thought he was the highlight of the movies for a while, at least the best comic relief, but unfortunately, no longer. Maybe it was just the haircut, I don't know. Harry (Daniel Radcliffe) was his usual fairly-blank-faced self HOWEVER he became the highlight of the movie at a lot of points because he was actually acting like a normal teenage boy. It was pretty entertaining (the fact that he was acting like the 16-year-old that he's supposed to be? erm...yeah pretty much). Oh yeah, Hermione (Emma Watson) might be hot, this movie confirms it.

The "liquid luck" scene was disappointing, Harry was absolutely hilarious, but seemed like an energetic-drunk. The romantic scenes were incredibly annoying, there was a lot of new (read: non-book material) Ginny sequences. Lavendar and Ron were pretty spot-on, but it was pretty painful to watch because of Ron's poor acting. Also THE WEASLEY HOUSE DOES NOT EVER BURN DOWN WTF.

I was pretty satisfied with Dumbledore's performance, I just wish he'd acted more like Dumbledore in the other movies. The end of the movie was INCREDIBLY unsatisfying, I was most disappointed by that, but you'll have to pay and suffer in order to find out why. Me, I got in free.

Anyway, done with that lame report. Joe keeps reading over my shoulder and making me self-conscious about my typing abilities and general text-content.

No comments:

Post a Comment