Monday, June 15, 2009

never worry about the future 'cause I'm a cat

Mysterious ranting coming soon.

I reformatted two computers this weekend: my old laptop Pete, the Inspiron 5150, and my custom desktop Rex.  Pete is performing quite nicely now...until he overheats and then everything slows down to a crawl again.  Nothing can be done about that, it's just a crappy model.  The battery had recalls, people got replacement HDs because they died from the overheating etc.  My hard drive died once in it, but we rescued mostly everything (lost one picture folder) via Linux.  Rex is back to the speedy beast he was two years ago, and I am very happy about that.  35 processes right now, with pretty much everything I want installed, minus games.  I'll do that sometime this week probably, I could use some Fallout 3.  Oooo and I found a utility that watches voltages and temperatures on my motherboard!  I didn't know I could do that, and now I just have to figure out how to get it to display the CPU usage and I'm set.

We got a new insurance (everyone made it through the week without alive, but not healthy) and I don't know how much dental it covers, but apparently there's no vision plan.  I am praying that I will not have to repeat the gum grafting I had in 7th grade at some point, but I have some incredibly low gumlines.  Plus side of new insurance: cheaper copay!

No comments:

Post a Comment