Thursday, May 07, 2009

and now, for a crummy little review

Tonight I went to see "With The Needle That Sings In Her Heart" at Lexington High School; a play written by the student cast & Amanda Palmer, inspired by Neutral Milk Hotel's album "In the Aeroplane Over the Sea". The theme is genocide

I invited my godfather to go with me. We had dinner at Tango in Arlington Center, which was pricey, but delicious. His steak was amazing (my chicken with cheese was awesome too). The place is almost always empty, which makes it even more fun. I recommend it if you're willing to spend $20-30 on a meal. Maybe just a special occasion kind of place...if they last.

The play...the production was amazing. I don't even want to compare what Arlington High used to put on (I haven't seen a play there in years, so I can only go from past experience) to this, it pales and withers and dies. The cast was amazing, flawless performances, beautifully constructed scenes and...just everything. I was so impressed. High school students? Really? Wonderful. I hope these kids go far, they really seem like they will.

I was touched by Amanda Palmer's closing Thank-Yous, she seemed near tears, and I wished that I could give her a hug. She looked surprised, and proud. I am sure that is a great feeling. I hope they enjoy their after-show highs!

-T

No comments:

Post a Comment